Sip down as ya’ll say (my first time).

Received this from Roughage some months ago and it’s lived a fine life in my cupboard’s Roughage bin next to the mrmopar bin so they could have a nice visit.

The tea has lost a little umph over time. Good to see how that works really. Haven’t been able to tell with some tea’s, but this being all delicate and subtle…I could tell that the strength had waned a tad.

Still, the flavor was good.

I tasted the lingering citrus, seedless white grape with rich pound cake at the finish. It was a fine tea, just lighter.
Adding a bit of sugar to the tea helped bring out more flavor.

Some older tea’s are better in the bathtub then in a teacup they say, but not this one. It’s still good to drink.

Faded beauty? Yes, but a beauty none-the-less.

Kashyap

could be the beauty itself…since this tea is so dependent on an insect for its nuance of cinnamon and honey, the enzymatic reaction occurring at the tea responds to being bit and then the crafted hands that transform the tea from that moment….I have notice now for a number of years, since first falling in love with this tea and becoming her devoted suitor, that there have been many years where the depth and subtle layer are smoothed over, like a too thick veil over this lover’s face. In rare years I find her in her glory and gratefully share the graceful movements through the cups reflection…but so many times I keep this tea company knowing in her heart, rests an amazing wonder

Bonnie

I agree. One of the finest I’ve ever tasted is a Taiwanese wild picked that Stacy at Butiki tea has a limited amount of to release this week. Best I’ve tasted (some tea friends agreed). She got lucky!

Roughage

Glad you enjoyed my faded beauty, Bonnie. It’s one of my favourite teas.

Thanks R

Comments

Kashyap

Roughage

Glad you enjoyed my faded beauty, Bonnie. It’s one of my favourite teas.

Thanks R