Thank you Roughage for this tea sample!

This is a beautiful Oolong! The picture from Wan Ling Tea House doesn’t do justice to how lovely the tea is, so I took a few pictures.
http://flic.kr/p/dT162K and http://flic.kr/p/dSZNBp

The tea was so sweet. Sweeter than most tea’s I’ve had, even other Oolongs, and tasted like ripe pear and creamy pineapple.

I put my nose close to the wet leaves in the gaiwan, and the perfume wafted up around me as though I had sprayed the air with an exotic floral mist. The end of the spray was sexy and peppery.

One evening in Kauai, I went to a beach where there were no other people. It was almost sunset, and the small beach had many rocks the size of small boulders, strewn about. They were like stepping stones going from the beach out to the sea. It was easy to walk for quite a distance before the water reached my knees, so I left the shore and chose a rock to sit on out where the only sound was gentle waves, and the water lapping against my feet.

Soon the sunset changed the sky to gold which reflected on the sand through the clear water. I was a glowing golden statue sitting on a rock in the sea. http://flic.kr/p/dT1Yd4

When I was drinking this tea, I remembered the beauty of Kauai and the golden sunset. This is a shimmering Oolong, smooth and sweet.

I love to drink tea and go back to places that have moved me. One of the reasons I drink tea often.

Steven

That yixing in the red box… wow! I’m jealous! Nice pu’er display as well! :o)

Terri HarpLady

Nice pic! I want to smell that! I love the way the sunlight really brings out the deep mahogany of the leaves.

Comments

Steven

That yixing in the red box… wow! I’m jealous! Nice pu’er display as well! :o)

Terri HarpLady