drank Congou Keemun by Butiki Teas

Tonight I made Pad Thai from scratch for the first time. Prawns, noodles, egg, sprouts, scallions, garlic, peanuts, and homemade sauce. It was Excellent!, if I do say so myself.

The last squeeze of lime and sprinkle of chopped cilantro was pure heaven in my big bowl!

I paired my delightful dinner with Congou Keemun Tea because of it’s sweetness. This isn’t a malty tea and I wouldn’t have wanted malt or cocoa with my Pad Thai. A fruit or floral tea with body works better, and this Keemun was a nice balance with the Pad Thai flavors.

When you get old, remember to cook with love even if you’re by yourself. Healthy food should taste good, especially with the right tea!

Claire

Oh man, now I want pad thai!

Anyanka

Yum. I know this is an old note, but it spoke to me. I love to cook and I’ve started pairing teas with meals- I agree, there are many foods that don’t need a full malty, heavy tea. I’ve been using an inexpensive tea from Upton with all the asian foods I cook and it’s perfect.

Comments

Claire

Oh man, now I want pad thai!

Anyanka