drank Yu Lu Yan Cha Black by Verdant Tea

I’ve been waiting for snow to arrive, the first ‘serious’ snow since last Winter (5-8 inches says the Weather Channel).
It doesn’t rain here in the Winter, we get ‘sun glare’ instead.

If you don’t know already, leading up to the Academy Awards, TCM (Turner Classic Movies) has been running previous award winning movies from the 1930’s forward, and I’ve been recording some classics to watch with my grandkids.

Today, I fixed some tea dusted chicken using Mr. Han’s Black Tea…and smoked with Hickory chips. I placed the chicken on a bed of buttered, pureed parsnips. (I’ll be posting the pictures later)

When I was done, I sat down with a pot of Yu Lu Yan Cha, and began watching ‘This Is Cinerama’ on TCM.

What a hoot!

The history of moving pictures was the intro, then a demo of the new Cinerama wide-screen technology and early surround-sound (beginning with a daring ride on a roller-coaster from the front seat!).

What was interesting to me was that I remembered my parents going to a Cinerama Premiere in the 1950’s and I still have the booklet from the movie. It was a ‘BIG DEAL’ back then! Yikes I’m OLD!

I sat drinking my tea…enjoying myself…and I noticed that the tea was spicy, with a cinnamon bite on my tongue.

The association with Jin Jun Mei and Laoshan Black came back to me.. the first sip was like a jolt. I thought, “It’s neither of those tea’s really…not chocolate and not yammy.”
If anything, I felt that I’d eaten a dozen assorted cupcakes…honey spice, German chocolate, golden vanilla. The sweet indulgent goodness filled my mouth. DESSERT!

Dessert tea (especially a spicy tea) was the perfect match for my snow day (it arrived!).

Terri HarpLady

Why does it not surprise me that you also like parsnips! It seems like most people have never had them, but we grow & eat them at my house. Tomorrow I’m making a beef stew with parsnips, carrots, & green beans.

We are also suppose to get snow tomorrow, along with some kind of freezing rain & sleet mix. It will be a good day for tea. Of course, every day is a good day for tea, but I especially love sitting in my sunroom, sipping tea & watching snowflakes fall!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Colorado Grandma