drank Organic Assam by Butiki Teas

The weather report for 8 inches of snow was a joke. Ha ha on Fort Collins again. We got about 1.5 inches which will be melted by Saturday morning. Bah!

The Rocky Mountains act as an umbrella of sorts, with snow falling heavy at higher elevations, then gathering strength as it passes over the Frontrange (where I live)…chugging full steam towards the plains then Eastward to unfurl wings of heavy snow.

Ah well. The dream of every low-land California child I was for snow. We prayed for it! In my lifetime, it snowed twice in the San Francisco Bay Area Streets…so as an adult, that dream of snow still burns and I get excited.

This morning I was sitting with my tea-tray (as I always do) watching the last snow-flakes drift down…more ‘snowkle’ than flakes.

I brewed a pot of tea on the strong side, cream and sweetening to add if needed.

Today, I noticed a strong savory flavor that I missed in earlier tastings. While some Assams are very malty, this one weighs heavier on the savory side and reminds me of a very good Kenyan Tea blended with an Assam.

I’ve tasted the new Assam’s from Butiki, but I like the savory flavor here more that I had remembered and would likely return to this Organic Assam over the newer ones.

Yum, morning tea…reminds me of homemade wheat toast with melted butter!

Colorado Grandma