Thank you Janet for this sample tea!

I had this for my morning tea, propped my feet up next to my tea tray with my Kindle Fire so that I could check Steepster, make notes and sip. Ahhhhh!

Can I get an AMEN to lazy Winter mornings!!!

My tray was fitted with everything that I could think of to taste this tea with. Half & Half, sweetener, Almond Vanilla Milk and Clover Honey.

First, as I ALWAYS DO, I drink my tea without anything in it…NAKED (the tea)!
This was a good naked tea! It’s mild enough with a light raisin or current flavor.

I added Sweetener and it brought out a grape-raisin taste. Next, I added Half & Half which still was kind of grapy.

I was looking for a raisin bread flavor…HUM? How could I make that happen?

The next cup was Honey and Almond Vanilla Milk.
YIKES! No…no…no…not ok! (This did not taste good. Yucky. Not for me…no!) The honey with the grape tasted sour. Blech!

Backing away from that cup of tea slowly…

I tried Sugar, Almond Vanilla Milk in the tea…AND IT WASGOOD! (Hooray!)
There was the bakey raisen bread flavor that I had wanted.

Sometimes, I don’t taste the grape in Darjeelings but here, in this tea, I did.

A good rule is to never be afraid to play around with black tea’s especially. Try different milks and sweeten them or not as you wish. Prepare the tea in a pot and try using a gaiwan now and then. It’s surprising how different methods will change your experience.

The one thing that I never do is use strong honey (like wildflower) unless the tea is chai or ginger with lots of spice. Strong honey overpowers the taste of tea. (This isn’t just my opinion)

Set your clocks tonight!

Fjellrev

You make me miss almond milk! Haven’t bought it in so long. And I agree, honey tends to steal the spotlight from many teas.

Bonnie

Clover honey is pretty mild. You can’t add it to everything though. Like domino’s…one flavor will enhance or set off an aspect of flavor in another, sweet, bitter, salty or savory.

Fjellrev

It is milder than others, yeah. I seem to be more sensitive than others when it comes to hot tea + honey, though.

Bonnie

I reserve it for chai mostly,but I was experimenting this morning.

Indigobloom

I love almond milk, but sometimes it really kills a tea. Worse than honey, I think, for overpowering flavour :(

Bonnie

True. I was experimenting. My regular is half&half (a little) or good old can milk (too hard to keep milk around for one person) and I pour it into a glass jar with a lid (hate the can). I use splenda because sugar with all the tea I drink would be terrible! (Mostly I drink tea straight though, or naked).

Indigobloom

I use regular sugar on occasion, mostly with my Indian black teas or sometimes genmaicha. Honey with my Darjeeling! and chai.

TheTeaFairy

Here it is Bonnie, triple, no, quadruple AMEN for lazy winter mornings!

Bonnie

Oh my Darjeeling, Oh my Darjeeling, Oh my Darjeeling Clementine…thou art lost and gone (almost) forever, dreadfull sorry Clementine (TheTeaFairy is Clementine)

TheTeaFairy

Yay! Thank you Bonnie, love to be your Clementine :) How did “darling” become “darjeeling”? Oh, yes, we are crazy tea addicts, almost forgot about that!

Comments

Fjellrev

Bonnie

I reserve it for chai mostly,but I was experimenting this morning.

TheTeaFairy

Here it is Bonnie, triple, no, quadruple AMEN for lazy winter mornings!

Colorado Grandma