drank Black Manas by Teajo Teas

Thank you Teajo Teas for this generous Sample!

With open arms I’m enjoying the first Spring arrival of high mountain rain.
Next to my desk as I was looking outside the window the very bottom of the Rocky Mountain’s settled their jagged bones and smoothed out to a gradually descending plain.

I am in love with the drama of Frontrange weather! The romantic in me wants to pair the right tea with what’s happening in the atmosphere.

Black Manas arrived in the mail right on time for my imaginings.

With black and billowing clouds rolling overhead, I prepared a pot of tea and a 3.5 minute steep (I am a dark brew lover).

Taking my tea-tray to the largest window, I sat watching the sky. Tea is part of what is outside after all, more than what is in my heated, electronic filled house.

When I poured, the tea was very dark. I expected a strong and malty flavor, but was pleasantly surprised with a light, sweet and brisk taste that wasn’t very malty. Huh?

“What’s this?”, I asked myself. Had I assumed from the reviews that this was going to be a malty tea like so many other’s? This wasn’t the case.
For me, the tea was barely malty and had a clean citrus essense with delicious rose and butter cookie flavor.

The tea was strong, full bodied… yet gentle and smooth.

Sweetened and with cream…Superb!

As much as I love very strong Kenyan Tea when I need my jolt of caffeine, I really like the floral background in this tea very much!

For strong black tea lovers like me who want smooth superior flavor, this has it all!

For a rainy day, nothing could beat a tea like this one!

can’t wait for my sample! 90% sure i picked this one too

Bonnie

I drink lots of very strong tea’s that some people think are way too strong like Ajiri…but I love them. This is very good in my opinion, and I can pick out the difference from other’s I’ve tried.

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I think it is great how different people experience teas in different ways, like looking at something from many angles, nice post :)

Terri HarpLady

This sounds like something I should be sampling…

Bonnie

Just ask for the free sample Terri!

Indigobloom

naturally floral black tea? Hmmm!

Donna A

I too enjoy Black Manas from Teajo. If this is one they use as a base for some of their flavored black teas, that may be one of the reasons why I have enjoyed those too.

Bonnie

The right base tea makes a huge difference. There are a couple of companies that use a base tea for everything that I don’t care for at all and it just ruins the experience to the point that I don’t purchase from them. This is a wonderful black tea with rich flavor but not overpowering so that it’s blendable. If it was too malty, it wouldn’t be a good choice.

Comments

can’t wait for my sample! 90% sure i picked this one too

Thomas Edward(Toad)

Terri HarpLady

This sounds like something I should be sampling…

Bonnie

Just ask for the free sample Terri!

Indigobloom

naturally floral black tea? Hmmm!

Donna A