I haven’t been visible on Steepster much over the past few weeks which is odd since most of you know that I love tea, and care about the people in this unique meeting place.

Spring brings dramatic changes to the weather! Thunder and lightning, late snow and the first warm days worthy of stripping off my sweater.

For me, these weather fluctuations are physically painful. The weather triggers migraines and fibromyalgia pain. Sleep is disturbed, my bones ache and through brain fog I have the hardest time making a decent cup of tea.

Today I was lucky!

I woke with usual painful bones at 4AM then fell asleep on the couch at 10:00. The weather had dipped from 67 degrees to 19 degrees in 13 hours. When I rose again, I didn’t have faith that I could make a decent cup of tea but I tried anyway.

Ajiri is strong tea! I’m fond of it in the morning with milk.

For days, I had been over-steeping, under-leafing, screwing up every tea I touched. It had been discouraging. I had gone to my tea-bar a couple of times just to have someone else fix tea for me.

I carefully measured the tea (which I seldom do anymore) into a 20oz pot and steeped 2 minutes (longer than the 1 recommended). Failure wasn’t an option anymore. This needed to be done right!

When I poured the first cup, the flavor was perfect! Strong, brisk and bready. I added evaporated milk and some sweetening to balance the richness.

Of course I’ll get through this physical slump, I’ve had this happen before…but I thought I should say something. You might know someone who goes through this too and could use a little understanding or help fixing a cup of tea.

A couple of people had noticed that I had been absent from Steepster. Writing thoughtful reviews when I’m not well and my bones ache isn’t fair to the tea. This situation will end soon enough.

About this Ajiri tea though…for anyone who isn’t a fan of malty tea’s but has been searching for a strong tea that isn’t bitter and stands up well to milk…this would be a good choice.

Azzrian

I hope you get better Bonnie hang in there.

momo

Feel better, Bonnie <3

Indigobloom

I was gettin worried about choo Bonnie! Mum has fibromyalgia as well and I feel so helpless watching her suffer.
makes you a virtual cuppa tea

Terri HarpLady

“Feel better, Ms Bonnie”, little Terri says, giving you a big hug!

TeaLush

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Bonnie

Thanks for the virtual cuppa and good wishes. Been watching ‘Call the Midwife’ on Netflix. Another wonderful PBS Series. I try to keep positive.

Chiyo

Awwws, You’re such a sweetheart and I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the great reviews, I always read them. huggsss

mrmopar

Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

Comments

Azzrian

I hope you get better Bonnie hang in there.

momo

Feel better, Bonnie <3

Indigobloom

makes you a virtual cuppa tea

Terri HarpLady

“Feel better, Ms Bonnie”, little Terri says, giving you a big hug!

TeaLush

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Bonnie

Chiyo

mrmopar

Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!

Colorado Grandma