I tried this tea once before when Nepali Tea Traders had an evening tasting when the tea’s were introduced at Happy Lucky’s Tea House.
It was a stormy Winter evening (snow!) but nearly 50 people braved the cold for a chance to taste these special tea’s!

The farm that produces this tea is in the Southeastern part of Nepal, closer to Darjeeling (India). During times of unrest, it wasn’t uncommon for Nepalese tea to end up over the border in Darjeeling sold for very little, mixed with other tea and sold at a high price as Darjeeling Tea.

The comments about Nepalese tea tasting like Darjeelings tea’s is in some ways understandable. I find the references to Chinese tea just as true. It seems like the ‘tea trail’ from China and all points between… were channeled to Nepalese tea.

Review
Himalayan Gold is a proper name for this shimmering, topaz tea. It is sweet, clover honey…thick like fruit leather.

A black tea without muscatel, lush in the mouth grain honey… smooth and rich.

I noticed citrus orange which isn’t very distinct but did define the floral note in the honey aroma.

None of the above matters more than the experience. The luxury of the tea.

My mind and body feel swept up into the wind drifts of tea farms tucked in warm valleys along stony mountain paths. This is something I see where I live also, and explains why many Nepalese live in the familiar high altitudes of Colorado, refugees from recent wars. I imagine the spirit of the tea in the wind wrapping around me with golden arms, candlelight that does not burn. I know this. It isn’t man-made.

The tea warms my whole body, so sweet that I would rest on that gentle nectar satisfied.

Of all the Nepali Tea’s, this is truly Golden. This one whips the wind in the flags up on the high mountain.

Ze_Teamaker

Is it weird that I am now imagining someone wearing a leather jacket made out of thick fruit skin? Like a leather jacket made from Mango skins.

Bonnie

Cool…I’ve lived in the tropics and there are mangos that you never see in the U.S. Scents and flavors that amaze! Sure…why not a fruit leather jacket…warming…honey scented.

This sounds wonderful!

Bonnie

I see you Terri with the jacket on riding her cycle high up in the Rockies…mountain mama!

Terri HarpLady

You know, I’ve never actually taken my Harley on road trip! My schedule is so crazy all the time that the best I can do is cruise around town running errands on it, LOL. Occasionally Tony & I get to take a ride an hour or so out into the country (those are my favorite rides), stop somewhere for a bite to eat, & then ride back. But those trips have become ever more rare as it seems like my weekends are full (which is a GOOD thing, since I have bills to pay), & on the rare weekends when I’m not playing somewhere, it always rains, or is really HOT (no fun). We’ve actually been talking about selling our bikes… :(

Bonnie

We could use some rain…none so far. The rest of the Country gets the bad weather. It’s like I live on a ledge at the edge of the high mountains and the weather goes overhead and hits later on the plains or further out in the Midwest or East Coast. No humidity either. I’m not complaining, and it’s sort of hot but not terrible. Denver is out on the plains further so they get more snow, rain, wind and can get tornado’s (rare). Not my town though. Too close to the hills! I like being safe! I understand about the bikes. Guess you could rent some if you HAD to do a road trip in the future.

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

This sounds wonderful!