drank Nina's Paris by Nina's Paris

Thank you to Laurent of Nina’s for this sample tea!

As I often do, I took my Nina’s sample to share with my friends at the Happy Lucky’s Tea House.

Today, Andi (who just finished her degree in art at the University) was working behind the tea bar along with Sam and Diana.

Business was busy off and on. An ebb and flow of thirsty patrons buying iced tea, loose tea from the ‘GREAT WALL’ of metal storage bins, or pots of tea for languishing over with a book, laptop or conversation with friends.

During a quiet spot, Andi took my small packet of Nina’s tea and steeped much of it in a tasting cup gongfu style. She then poured the liquor into a larger sharing cup for group tasting. (We’ve been group tasting for quite some time by sipping from different parts of the rim on a larger bowl style cup)

At first Andi and Diana were convinced the tea was black current tea even when I told them that the flavors were a blend of orange, strawberry and cherry.

It took me some time to think about what I was tasting, because there was a peculiar ‘other’ flavor. Something that reminded me of Greek Mountain Tea. (A sage-like herb flavor that I like but didn’t expect.)

For me, the tea was a cross between orange and peach, with not a hint of strawberry or cherry…and medium body.

I imagine cold brewing would suit the blend best.

Andi was determined to compare Nina’s with Happy Lucky’s Black Current Tea, so she brewed a sample taster side-by-side and the result was interesting.
Nina’s sample smelled milder than the current and had a richer more layered flavor profile. The current was pungent smelling but mild tasting.

Side-by-side tastings are fun to do and are helpful in learning to polish the skills needed for detecting aroma and flavor differences.

I think this is an above average flavored tea, although a little different because of the herb flavor.

JustJames

ah… i lament. what i wouldn’t give for a great wall of teas. sounds as though you had a lovely time =0)

Bonnie

Just began to rain and I’m off to meet my granddaughter Megan for tea. This weekend is the Rocky Mountain Tea Festival in Boulder at the Dushanbe Tea House. I’m going to hear David Lee Hoffman speak on rare tea’s of China and there’s a tea vendor bazaar. I can’t afford the other classes, but I went to the Oolong and Cooking with Tea last year http://rockymtnteafestival.com/

JustJames

aw!!!!! i don’t believe we even have such a thing here!!! and my city is the capital of the province. humph.

Rellybob

So cool you are going to hear David Lee Hoffman speak!

Comments

JustJames

Bonnie

Rellybob

So cool you are going to hear David Lee Hoffman speak!

Colorado Grandma