drank Earl Grey by Nina's Paris

Thank you Nina’s Paris for this sample tea!

The morning sun was very bright, one of those days when the news reports ‘sun glare’ for drivers and a caution to wear dark glasses to prevent accidents. I laughed when I moved to high altitude Colorado from sea level California and heard traffic news reports of ‘sun glare’. I don’t scoff anymore!

I decided to try a tea that I consider perky.

Earl Grey is one of those tea’s that has a citrus edge reminding one of Summer any time of the year. It’s not too fru-fru for a deep black tea lover like me.

This Earl is light and fresh, almost too light for my taste…but I can imagine that many are looking for just such a lighter bergamot tea. There is no astringency, just fresh, light flavor.

I had issues with Steepster yesterday (when I first tried to log this review) and got the dreaded black screen announcing that I had left the kettle on so I retreated to my blog and wrote some thoughts that had long been brewing in my mind about the meaning of tea in my life.

If you would like to read my latest blog entry… www.teaandincense.com

I’m off today to the Rocky Mountain Tea Festival in Boulder and will write about the adventure with some pictures. Sometimes vendors that we post reviews about are at the festival, and that’s always exciting.

Terri HarpLady

I wish I was there! Next year we should all converge on this festival!

Agreed!

Bonnie

By the way, the classes are $15 which is cheap!

Fjellrev

Have fun at the festival!

Bonnie

I did! Ended up afterwards at Ku Cha tea house and as I always do, brought some Verdant and Butiki tea in my bag and shared with the tea servers. We did some side-by-side tastings and had a good time. They served me golden eyebrow black tea. I always follow by buying a pot of tea to drink in the back tea room by the fountain.

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!! :D

TheTeaFairy

I read your blog entry…thanks for the inspiration Bonnie :-)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I wish I was there! Next year we should all converge on this festival!

Agreed!

Bonnie

By the way, the classes are $15 which is cheap!

Fjellrev

Have fun at the festival!

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!! :D

TheTeaFairy

I read your blog entry…thanks for the inspiration Bonnie :-)

Colorado Grandma