I’ve written about this tea many times, however…there’s a new story!

Yesterday, I went to the Rocky Mountain Tea Festival in Boulder and attended a Seminar by David Lee Hoffman All in this Tea is a film about this famous tea pioneer (think it’s on Netflix).
The attendees tasted 10-15 Pu-erh’s of all kinds (the person pouring the Pu-erh was a bit heavy-handed a few I us thought, and I wasn’t impressed with the Pu-erh. He’s old like me, didn’t seem to know that anyone was directly sourcing tea from China in the United States (that’s what he said).

After the seminar, I went to Ku Cha Tea House on the Pearl Street Mall (the Dushanbe Tea House is beautiful, they have good food but the tea service is terrible!!!).

I always take tea with me to events and to tea houses. (I take tea everywhere really, since you never know when you might be able to share!)

Ku Cha Tea House wasn’t busy. One server had been at the seminar and asked what I thought of the pu-erh agreeing that the tea was heavy and bitter, oversteeped.

I offered tastings of two tea’s from my bag at Ku Cha’s gongfu table which surprised the staff in a good way.

First I pulled out the Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black and asked a gaiwan to be warmed by rinsing with hot water..

I placed dry tea leaves in the gaiwan, put on the lid and shook gently before lifting the top to smell the aroma.

I love scenting tea before steeping, and this tea has a sweet, waffle scent that surprised everyone.

The flavor was so deliciously sweet that descriptive words tumbled about as the frenzy for more steeping grew.

I pulled a packet of Verdant Yu Lu Yan Cha from my bag… with it’s potato, cocoa flavor (another shocking revelation).

Nick (the person who saw me at the seminar) brought out the shop’s best black tea which was Golden Eyebrow. It had small blue/black leaves with a rich malty flavor. A very good tea…but not as layered as the Wild Mountain or Yu Lu Yan.

I finished my day with new tea friends, then bought a pot of Chai to drink in the tea house back room by a large waterfall fountain.
(The shop has low floor tables with cushion seating and regular tables, a large waterfall with plants, Chinese art, lanterns and carved wood screens.)

Love this tea!!!

it’s almost back Bonnie! Soooo close (and yet so far…)

Butiki Teas

Bonnie-So glad everyone was loving the Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black!

Sil-I know, it’s been an excruciating wait. I’m waiting to hear back what the hold up is.

TeaBrat

I saw that film too, it was interesting

Ysaurella

This tea is really fantastic and I’m looking forward to see it back

It’s back….Monday!

Bonnie

Fantastic! I’ll get the word out! Hope this is as great as the last season.

Stacy posted that it’s slightly different – lsat year was a croissant with honey and this year is a waffle with sugar? i think it was…

Butiki Teas

Bonnie-Sil is right. It is a little bit different due to the rain, the leafhoppers weren’t as active.

Bonnie

I like waffles with sugar! Stacy, this was my 2012 TEA FAVORITE! Everyone with true tea experience (I shared with lots of people) who tasted it said it was in their top few tea’s also. I sent an ounce to a couple from China that were friendly to me at my church in California. They both have cancer. I know your tea will bless them.

Comments

it’s almost back Bonnie! Soooo close (and yet so far…)

Butiki Teas

Bonnie-So glad everyone was loving the Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black!

TeaBrat

I saw that film too, it was interesting

Ysaurella

This tea is really fantastic and I’m looking forward to see it back

It’s back….Monday!

Bonnie

Fantastic! I’ll get the word out! Hope this is as great as the last season.

Colorado Grandma