You’ve heard a hundred zillion times that I’m allergic to rooibos and honeybush. They’re in the bean family which makes me SICK.

So what! Nobody else cares really UNLESS you’re my tea slinger friends at Happy Lucky’s Tea House.

Why? I’m a particularly annoying pest at the tea house because I ask them to create blends that don’t have rooibos in them.

Most tea companies do not make caffeine free, natural tea blends without my allergy specific ingredients ‘that taste good’. Usually they’re all about the same. Ginger, hibiscus, chamomile.
(A few companies do ok, but I can count them on one hand)

It’s not only the allergy concern, but I like to serve tea to little ones without caffeine too, and Andy (our Master Tea Blender) has been listening to my plea’s for rooibos free tea. Bless his sweet tea heart, he created Chocolate Mints.

Anyone who likes after dinner chocolate mints (and a little coconut) will adore this delectable blend.

This should be brewed by the pot.

The secret to the rich chocolate bar flavor is a long steep of 5-7 minutes extracting the goodness slowly from the cocoa hulls.
Coconut is sprinkled throughout the mixture, which adds a nuttiness
that is brilliant.

I add milk and sweeten just a bit for an even richer creamy, sweet, indulgent dessert!

Andy won’t mind me saying this, because he already knows how much of a tea nerd I am. But when I want to make this a blend with caffeine, I’ve added black tea to it…especially a pinch of cocoa malty tea like a the shop’s Black Pearl or other tea from my cupboard.

Great herbal for chocolate lovers who are tired of fake chocolate.

Hmmmm…… :)

Bonnie

I can hear your brain whirring from here Sil!

haha i’m actually looking at vacation for almost the last week of october and one of the places i’m looking at going just for kicks is colorado heh

Bonnie

Let me know. This is an easy State to get around in, but it helps to know the best digs, eats, tea, breweries, wildlife, scenic places and events that suit your taste for a good price(or free). Fall in Colorado is stunning!

Will do! I have a sneaking suspicion that we’ll end of visiting “family” in Orlando…but a girl can dream. I almost placed an order tonight with happy lucky but since shipping to Canada is a little insane, I need to wait so I can have it sent to me tea mule (or Terri haha)

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I plan on coming to Colorado in the spring. I’ll have to add this to my list! This tea sounds delectable!

Bonnie

You guys let me know…I’ll give you a tour or tips. ANYWAY,I made a batch of cookies cuz it’s raining (we hardly ever get real rain here, it’s an arid zone) and I ate ALL of them! I’m a bad girl!

tigress_al

This sounds amazing!!!

Comments

Hmmmm…… :)

Bonnie

I can hear your brain whirring from here Sil!

Fuzzy_Peachkin