drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Laoshan Black for calming nerves!
Every hour the emergency warning system blasts announcements about the current flood emergency. The whole State has need drenched with a year’s rainfall total in 4 days (120 inches of snow equivalent).
The 100 year storm they call it.

This will pass.

Living at an elevation, weather is much more interesting than it was in California!

I ducked into the tea shop early along with young friends Devina (a Linda Hop Dancer and student at CSU), a Drama student and Bryce who plays trombone in the CSU marching band. All my young friends are a reminder of how generous and welcoming the tea community is to people of all ages.

Schools are closed, roads are rivers in some places and the morning will bring news of flooding. My favorite comfort tea makes me feel better no matter what!

Laoshan Black was my first great tasting tea. I’m never without my favorite tea in the cupboard so let the rain fall, I’m set with my tea!

looseTman

Bonnie, Thanks for recommending Laoshan Black! We’ve both enjoyed it – http://steepster.com/looseTman/posts/191679#.

The network national evening news out of Boulder, Colorado Springs, & Denver was quite something! Are you all in Fort Collins away from the worst of it?

JustJames

oh my! see this is the first i’ve heard of the flooding (no cable).

MissLena

Hope things don’t get too bad! They got really bad in Southern Alberta this year too! Thinking of you guys!

Bonnie

Nope the whole State is flooding because the storm has come from the south to north. There goes another alarm. The river could overflow…it’s at max right now and there has been some evacuations in the canyons and hills above me. I live beneath a 7mile long reservoir…like a block away from the hill it’s on.
Glad you enjoyed Laoshan Black Tea! I’ll stay home and keep drinking tea!

Bonnie

I’ll be fine. Thanks though. We didn’t have fires this year and had a good Summer and Winter so that’s a blessing. I lived in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California and when you live in wild places, you have to know how to adjust to wild weather. Mountains are going to have snow, fires and flooding. People have to get out of the way and not build without this in mind.

Bonnie

My side of town going North is blocked by the Poudre River so my daughter can’t come to town or visa versa. Many roads out. I took a snack to the guys at Happy Luckys, but the owner and manager are stuck across the river too.

Skulleigh

I’m glad to hear you are safe so far, Bonnie!

Comments

looseTman

JustJames

oh my! see this is the first i’ve heard of the flooding (no cable).

MissLena

Bonnie

Glad you enjoyed Laoshan Black Tea! I’ll stay home and keep drinking tea!

Skulleigh

I’m glad to hear you are safe so far, Bonnie!

Colorado Grandma