Andy is the mixologist at Happy Lucky’s Teahouse and shop Manager.

Whenever I think about Andy blending new tea’s, I imagine the Sorcerers Apprentice http://youtu.be/mHTnJNGvQcA?t=3m3s . He’s Micky Mouse with an out of control wand. The music is building and the outcome appears to be heading for disaster. Miraculously, a ray of sunshine…a moment of brilliance and clarity and in the end, all is well.

I sometimes imagine other tea mixologists that we all know well here on Steepster. In my mind there are three standouts in particular… Giada de Laurentiis, Yul Brynner and Steve Jobs.

Can you guess which tea vendors match these characters?

For 6 days last week, I was in and out of a migraine on one side of the front my face. Finally, had to get out of the house so I went to tea.
Andy (the Sorcerer in my imagination) came out of the back room very excited that I had arrived at the shop. He had his coat in hand, ready to leave for the day. “Oh good, you’re finally here. I’ve made a batch of Harvest Moon Tea and I think it’s better than last year’s blend! I really want your opinion on it. Need to know what you think!”

Off came his coat with a flourish (not missing a beat). Displaying the smooth and elegant moves of a professional, Andy made me a big pot of Harvest Moon Tea, smiled broadly, waved goodbye and headed out the door (the doorbells jingling behind him).

The dry mix had smelled wonderful, the way apples smell when they’ve been soaked in apple cider, spices, vanilla and brown sugar.

(I’m a skeptic! Apple tea’s almost always had disappointed me.)

I waited for 9 minutes for the tea to steep and took my first skeptical sip (although admitting, the aroma was wonderful).

This was BY FAR the BEST Apple Tea I’d ever tasted! The flavor was the kind of vanilla spice, caramel apple desired in a prize winning Apple Pie.
I know what great Harvest Apple Pie should taste like, because I’ve won first, second and third prize in the Johnny Appleseed Pie Contest so I’m picky. Quality ingredients matter!

This week my son Aaron, turns…gulp…45! I mailed off a tea care package for his Birthday. Harvest Moon was one of the tea’s I sent to cheer him up in often-foggy-in-Fall San Francisco. He’ll love it!

As far as who Giada de Laurentiis is…well, maybe Stacy the kitchen wizard of Butiki Tea. Yul Brynner http://youtu.be/KlmCy4qGX_M (who’s the person we know without any hair?)…Garret, King of Puerh! And Steve Jobs, well…when I think of a contemplative person that comes up with new ways to educate, innovate and enhance tea appreciation…it’s David Duckler. It’s how I picture them in their tea guru kitchens.

I’ve already played with this blend as a base for puerh, added black tea when I want caffeine… and as it comes, Caffeine free.

Delicious!

TeaBrat

sounds delicious!

Indigobloom

I wonder, is it like pie ala mode if you add some cream? :)

Bonnie

I add cream to mine because in the evening, I get a craving for dessert. I’ve added cocoa hulls and extra cinnamon chips (both available through Happyluckys) to create a spicier chocolate, caramel apple flavor.

nomnomnom!
Missed you Bonnie

Indigobloom

aw that’s to fun! we want you to stay, not get logged out :)
Will email you later, for sure!!!

glad you’re doin ok, even after that migraine xo

mrmopar

I got two right! Glad you feel better!

Bonnie

Thanks my friend Thought Garret and Yul were a natural…besides he was in my favorite movie The Brother’s Karamozov (1956 I think).if I’m being honest, I think Stacy is like one of those contestants on Chopped with a mystery basket the way she comes up with her interesting blends.

mrmopar

Got Garret right off the bat. And David too. Stacy well she will have to kick my tail for not guessing, although a tale of a “mad scientist” mixing those test tubes and I may have got it.

Bonnie

I couldn’t think of a female character…mad scientist type….thought of Julia Child but too old, Gilda Radner…comedian… Lucy!!! I love Lucy! Thats it! Stacy is Lucy with the veta vita vegamin gag and many other food gags.

Comments

TeaBrat

sounds delicious!

Indigobloom

I wonder, is it like pie ala mode if you add some cream? :)

nomnomnom!
Missed you Bonnie

Indigobloom

aw that’s to fun! we want you to stay, not get logged out :)
Will email you later, for sure!!!

glad you’re doin ok, even after that migraine xo

mrmopar

I got two right! Glad you feel better!

Colorado Grandma