drank Northern Wilds by Verdant Tea

Perfect cool morning for a blend with the name Northern Wilds.
True, Verdant is further North than Colorado, but it can get pretty ‘wild’ in the Rocky Mountains. I love the drama of cloud formations that tumble and sweep like brush strokes off the higher peaks behind my house…across the prairie ahead.
Snow, thunder and lightening on winds so fresh that I wonder how I ever lived in a city with a million people.

Today is my son’s 45th birthday. Sigh.
I posted pictures of Aaron as a little boy on Facebook because it’s my job to remind him that for 45 years, I’ve loved every moment knowing him.

A pot of Northern Wilds and my Kindle in my lap to read the comments about my son’s birthday began my morning today.

At first, I was put off by the aroma of the tea. It smelled strange.
I’m sensitive to smell, so I gave myself some time to cozy up to the ingredients. Maybe I was expecting more pine or sage…a savory woodsy instead of mint. I don’t think of wild woods and mint together. When I lived in the Pacific Coast mountains sage was everywhere but not mint.

I’d take the mint out and make this a stronger blend, more robust. The other blend ( Master Hans Forest Grove) has mint and spice too.

This almost never happens, but…I’m not fond of this blend. It tastes strange, and out of place to me.

CrowKettle

Happy birthday Aaron! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

I remember my first time driving through Colorado as a child. We were hit by a lightening storm, then a dust storm 10 minutes later. I’d never seen anything that fantastic and temperamental in my life.

Bonnie

You must have been out on the prairie. That’s why I live close to the mountains (Frontrange) to avoid those dust storms, blizzards, lightening storms and tornadoes! I see it go over me and pow in the distance!

Terri HarpLady

Happy Birthday to Aaron!

Bonnie

I passed along your birthday greetings!

Comments

CrowKettle

Happy birthday Aaron! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

Terri HarpLady

Happy Birthday to Aaron!

Bonnie

I passed along your birthday greetings!

Colorado Grandma