If I had one tea to pick that I’ve disliked more than any other tea in the world… (this is something I shouldn’t do but for the sake of this review, I’m going to do it)… the winner/loser would be David’s Tea… Carrot Cake. (shiver)

Bleh…made my skin crawl! Like cat fur in the mouth bleh!!!

The reason I decided to try (with fear and trembling) Butiki’s Vanilla Frosted Carrot Cake Tea was one thing… Stacy!

She’s ‘I Love Lucy’,‘Whacky Tea Sorceress’, Tea Airbender Blender’ who comes up with the most innovative ideas without resorting to tanks of spray-on chemical flavors.

Stacy, how’d you do it again?!

First there are orangy chunks of real carrot in the brew basket then creamy icing vanilla supported by a soft bready tea base. The spice is subtle, more so than the carrot cake I make. (I’ll probably add a few ‘true’ cinnamon chips to see how that tastes later)

Unlike my previous awful experience with carrot cake tea, Butiki’s tea is flavorful, mild and smooth. The tea is quite gentle for a vanilla iced carrot cake.

I’m always one to play around with tea so I think that if you like more spiciness or are used walnuts in your carrot cake, it wouldn’t overpower the tea if you added a little in the brew basket. Stacy would do this in a heartbeat.

I’m a believer Stacy! Carrot Cake Tea is possible! You did the impossible and did it well. I’ll drink all of my tea with a smile!

Aimee Popovacki

you know what, i hated davids carrot cake too.. it tasted nothing like carrot cake.. i found it very musty and what i imagine a carpet would taste like ( i don’t know why… but thats what came to mind when i just thought of this tea!!) .. but seeing as you had a good experience with one, i’m tempted to give carrot cake flavoured teas another go :)

ifjuly

cat fut and carpeting, ee, that sounds…not so delightful. now i’m even more excited to try this one!

Tealizzy

Funny how we both wrote about how awful DavidsTea’s carrot cake tea was. Sounds like you had the same pleasant experience with Stacy’s tea as I did! :)

Bonnie

Comments haven’t been working! I’m on my third try! Yes…DT was awful!

sundaysipping

This tea sounds amazing! Thanks to your review, I now have a craving for carrot cake.

Comments

Aimee Popovacki

ifjuly

Tealizzy

Bonnie

Comments haven’t been working! I’m on my third try! Yes…DT was awful!

sundaysipping