I often take my time before reviewing tea’s. This one was fun!

I made a pot of tea yesterday, using a little extra leaf and 2 minute steep. I love the idea of mulling spice…and knew that without tea in the mix, there would be no bitterness steeping a little longer.

First I tasted my brew straight and was excited at the strength of the elderberry, coriander and other spices. (Would have hated a tulsi dominant blend)
I drank a cup…ok…done.

Now the next test.

I added honey!

Light as a feather, dancing around like a sugarplum fairy…grandma Bonnie became a thing of cartoon’s…ah…honey in a mulling blend is delightfull in the Fall! This was meant to be!

I finished the first pot with another mug and honey, smiling.

One more test to go, I began again.

Heating 8oz of organic apple juice (the kind with stuff in the bottom) and 8oz filtered water, I steeped fresh Elderberry Herbal Blend in the half juice-half water mixture for 2 minutes.
AND IT WAS GREAT! (I did add some honey again, just a little!)

Why half-half? The Apple Juice was very sweet naturally, too sweet!
Anyway…

The options are lovely…and this would be a great duo with the current Winter Ginger Blend!!! (I hope Verdant is listening!)

PS Tonight, I resteeped with a bit of malty cocoa black tea and it was D-licious! Versatility herbalism!

i’ll have to remember that when i get mine :)

CelebriTEA

I will have to try that with the apple juice, AFTER I order more…
Mine is gone already :-( just loved it.

Comments

i’ll have to remember that when i get mine :)

CelebriTEA

I will have to try that with the apple juice, AFTER I order more…
Mine is gone already :-( just loved it.

Colorado Grandma