Thank you TeaFairy for this lovely tea surprise!

Oh how I delight in my tea friends!

TeaFairy sent me a Holiday gift with little notes and fabric flowers attached to brighten my day. What care in packaging! I feel special indeed.

In my delight…I took this tea especially to share with Eric at the tea house, wondering if he had seen any like it before.

He commented, “Why did they leave the oolong on the stem? Usually they pay someone to take it off.”

Ah, I thought…the oolong comes this way and when curled up is removed? So why did they leave it on the stem?

None of us could come up with a ‘tea’ logical answer for ‘why’ but agreed that the stems with the oolong tea did look rather stunning in the gaiwan (which was interesting).

As much as tea is TASTE, it is also EXPERIENCE. Taste, aroma, and visual input…contribute to one’s appreciation of tea.

I expected the taste to be stronger and earthier with the stems attached, but the tea was light and delicate. Gentle with a hint of floral and no bitter aftertaste.

The mouthfeel is light and thin. Cooling changes little in the thickness of this tea.

I’m reminded of sweet water with cuttings floating on top in early Spring. The edge of a field with low hanging trees and mountain water. New bulbs flowering nearby and scenting the air.

Thank you TeaFairy for such a lovely gift!

TheTeaFairy

I’m just looking out for you, Bonnie Chérie :-)
So glad you enjoyed this with your dear friends at Lucky’s…

Bonnie

I had some more too this week. Will write about it. Thank you!

TheTeaFairy

Ok, can’t wait to find out what you think about it :-)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

I’m just looking out for you, Bonnie Chérie :-)
So glad you enjoyed this with your dear friends at Lucky’s…

Bonnie

I had some more too this week. Will write about it. Thank you!

TheTeaFairy

Ok, can’t wait to find out what you think about it :-)

Colorado Grandma