drank Tsugaru Green by Lupicia

Freebie bag from their store.

The dry pyramid smells amazingly of tart green apples, and while that scent doesn’t completely survive brewing, it persists. I spent the first few minutes waiting for this to cool enough to drink just breathing in the steam and its green apple aroma.

Comparatively, the flavor disappoints, but I do get a sense of apple contrasting nicely with the bancha, and as the tea cooled further, the apple flavor grew more pronounced. This makes me think that cold-brewing might be more successful. I’ll try that if I ever get another tea bag.

I’ve just recently discovered the world of loose tea and am really enjoying myself. I’m still in SAMPLE EVERYTHING mode, and likely always will be.

I love green teas, chai, and citrus flavors. I don’t mind hibiscus. I will drink a bitter green tea, but won’t drink bitter black tea. I’m working on figuring out which black teas work for me.

I tend to drink my tea without milk or sugar.

I’m using Steepster’s Cupboard function to actually reflect my current tea stock, otherwise I’d never be able to remember what I already have.