drank The au Chocolat by Lupicia

Depending on how you make this, this tea is either a very nice black tea with an aftertaste of cocoa, or it is a cup of bitter chocolate (in the good way). I think the depth of the chocolate flavor may also depend on the age of the tea. I swear it was stronger when I first opened the package, and I swear I’ve stored it properly – it even came with a tin!

Anyhow, take 2 generous teaspoons of this, steep for 3 minutes, and boom: bitter chocolate bar. If you let it go for too long, the tea itself does get bitter on top of the chocolate, which I do not recommend. A nice afternoon cup of tea, but I do wish it would keep better.

I’ve just recently discovered the world of loose tea and am really enjoying myself. I’m still in SAMPLE EVERYTHING mode, and likely always will be.

I love green teas, chai, and citrus flavors. I don’t mind hibiscus. I will drink a bitter green tea, but won’t drink bitter black tea. I’m working on figuring out which black teas work for me.

I tend to drink my tea without milk or sugar.

I’m using Steepster’s Cupboard function to actually reflect my current tea stock, otherwise I’d never be able to remember what I already have.