drank The Earl's Garden by DAVIDsTEA

My breakthrough with this tea happened when I discovered 1 teaspoon is definitely not enough for 8 oz, no matter what the brewing instructions recommend. When I did follow instructions, I was left with a tea that had very little taste and a mild aroma.

Adding that extra 1/2 tsp made a huge difference. At that strength, there’s a pleasant body to the tea, and the taste of strawberries and currants is more obvious. I actually like Earl’s Garden better than the last strawberry tea I tried, though the bergamot unmistakably present. The brew does have an edge of bitterness to it, but I think it’s more like that actual odd tang of bitter you sometimes get off a strawberry’s skin, so it doesn’t bother me as much as it usually would. A nice twist on earl grey.

I’ve just recently discovered the world of loose tea and am really enjoying myself. I’m still in SAMPLE EVERYTHING mode, and likely always will be.

I love green teas, chai, and citrus flavors. I don’t mind hibiscus. I will drink a bitter green tea, but won’t drink bitter black tea. I’m working on figuring out which black teas work for me.

I tend to drink my tea without milk or sugar.

I’m using Steepster’s Cupboard function to actually reflect my current tea stock, otherwise I’d never be able to remember what I already have.