Anyone who knows me would tell you that I’m a Ceylon black tea fanatic. I found a 250g tin of this at a local World market and figured it to be a good $10 sacrifice because it says PURE CEYLON TEA on the front of the damn thing. I got home, popped it open and was instantly disappointed. I have no doubt that it is indeed pure Ceylon, but it’s soaked in bergamot. It doesn’t say that anywhere on the package, but being a Brit, I should have guessed that if the word “royal” is part of the product that it would be doused in bergamot. Anyway, the tea is magnificent as an Earl Grey, but that’s not why I bought it. The rating here is based on the drink itself and NOT my purchasing experience and my overall disapproval of the product description.

**UPDATE: Impra is sending me a fresh tin of Ceylon black tea. What great customer service!

UPDATE: Impra has yet to send the tea as promised. It’s been two months now and I have made up my mind that I will NOT be buying from them again in the future. Ever.

British-born supporter of the Monarchy and of traditional tea times (including quitting work at 4:00 everyday!). I’ve no patience for herbal infusions as my palette was trained with blacks and greens. I’ve traveled extensively whilst in the Royal Navy and have had ample opportunity to sample some of the world’s best teas. I import several varieties and spend alot time blending.

Vancouver, British Columbia