drank Lavender Dreams by Teavana

Dirty water indeed. The white tea, combined with what I can only assume is purple dye from the candied violets, turns this brew into a supremely unappetizing purple-brown color. The tea itself has a faintly detectable white tea flavor, but it’s mostly masked by the lavender. This tea tastes like herbs de provence smells. Not appealing.

Glad, at least, that I got this super cheap.

Terri HarpLady

Although I love the smell of lavender & grow it in my garden, I don’t care for it in tea. :p

Elizabeth

Same here! I had no idea what a lavender tea would be like (total newb), and it was cheap, so I gave it a shot. I guess I learned something new! ; )

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Elizabeth

First and foremost, I’m a Mommy to my one-and-only daughter. After that, I’m a full-time student-nurse working on degree number two. Then, I’m a wife, a voracious reader, and a newly minted lover of loose-tea.

All my life I’ve enjoyed herbal teas, but am ready and willing to explore other flavors and concepts.

Being a full-time mom and student, the ritual of brewing and enjoying the subtlety of tea is extremely appealing.

I tend to like strong teas: original chais (not boring “masala chai”) are a big deal for me, and I’m hunting for new ones that can accompany my breakfast. I love EGs, especially EGCs, and I hope to find the perfect one some day. Not a huge fan of tisanes or overly fruity teas. I’m starting to love greens and whites, but only if they’re generous enough in the flavor department: no wimps. I’ve got to say, though, I really do not understand pu-erh (yet?).

80-100
Outta the park: delicious, amazing, a cupboard staple.

65-79
Good tea: not a staple, but would brew and/or buy again if in the mood.

50-64
Fair to good: nothing wrong with the tea, but not particularly interesting or not flavored highly enough.

25-49
Not good: can probably finish the cup, but may not brew again.

0-24