drank Spring Morning by Teavana

The story behind my having this tea is rather interesting. I ordered from Teavana back in December, and received a couple of the teas (which I had gotten at deep discount) singly, and shipped via UPS (pretty expensive, especially since I live in a rural area). Then, during later January, then February, then the beginning of March, I just kept getting emails stating that the rest of my order would be shipped within 30 days. Great. I believed them the first time, but after the second identical email, I was less trusting.

Anyway, I then contacted Teavana through their website…No response….Then left a message on their Facebook…That got a response. They explained that my teas were all either out of stock or discontinued and would send a package to make up for it. OK, why didn’t they just say the stuff was discontinued a long time ago?

So, that’s how I got this tea. It arrived with a couple of massive tins and some other bags yesterday in a big box, and I opened this at the behest of my daughter who wanted to smell it. It smells awesome. Reminds me of summer mornings when I would get up early with my Mom to pick strawberries. The green tea smells fresh and grassy-green (in a good way), and the strawberries smell real and juicy. After steeping, it maintains its aroma, but on tasting it falls short of the mark. Just not that flavorful. Maybe, if I added more sugar it would be brighter, but I’m not a big sugar fan. A teaspoon in 12 oz. should be enough, and it’s not with this tea. Drinkable, but not something I would purchase…Except maybe to use it as potpourri.

Lastly, I looked at the packing slip from the Teavana “gift,” and noticed that 1 Teavana mug was supposed both packaged and shipped in the order. It wasn’t. I don’t want or need another mug – I just find their customer service to be weird, disjointed, and lacking in follow-through.

That’s my weird story, and I’m stickin’ to it.

First and foremost, I’m a Mommy to my one-and-only daughter. After that, I’m a full-time student-nurse working on degree number two. Then, I’m a wife, a voracious reader, and a newly minted lover of loose-tea.

All my life I’ve enjoyed herbal teas, but am ready and willing to explore other flavors and concepts.

Being a full-time mom and student, the ritual of brewing and enjoying the subtlety of tea is extremely appealing.

I tend to like strong teas: original chais (not boring “masala chai”) are a big deal for me, and I’m hunting for new ones that can accompany my breakfast. I love EGs, especially EGCs, and I hope to find the perfect one some day. Not a huge fan of tisanes or overly fruity teas. I’m starting to love greens and whites, but only if they’re generous enough in the flavor department: no wimps. I’ve got to say, though, I really do not understand pu-erh (yet?).

80-100
Outta the park: delicious, amazing, a cupboard staple.

65-79
Good tea: not a staple, but would brew and/or buy again if in the mood.

50-64
Fair to good: nothing wrong with the tea, but not particularly interesting or not flavored highly enough.

25-49
Not good: can probably finish the cup, but may not brew again.

0-24