One of my favourite teas ever is the regular (with caffeine) Paris tea which is such a beautiful blend. In the hopes of having this delicious tea without the caffeine, I ordered a tin of decaf Paris for making ample jugs of iced tea. I did have expectations that it would not be as flavourful as the original Paris blend since it has been decaffeinated, but I did not expect such a disappointing difference.
The dry aroma had such a chemical smell and there was no similarity between it (decaf Paris) and Paris at all. I then thought I’d try brewing a cup so see if the taste would be better, and although there was some sort of berryish flavour, I could not even finish it; the taste combined with the aroma was one of the worst things ever. I am sorry to have such a terrible review of this particular tea but I truly am shocked over how awful it was for me.
And then, when I emailed H&S’s to ask if perhaps this was somehow a bad batch or something or if it simply was not to my taste, I received no reply, which is really disappointing.
I really love some of their other teas… just sad about this one.

Janefan

thanks for sharing — now I know to avoid this one!

caile

Yeah – so unexpected…I had such high hopes for it I guess.

Comments

Janefan

thanks for sharing — now I know to avoid this one!

caile

Yeah – so unexpected…I had such high hopes for it I guess.

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada