drank Fruits d'Alsace by Harney & Sons

It’s hot and muggy here today so will need some iced tea later. I decided to use the last couple teaspoons of my sample to brew and let cool as I liked it so much last time. In the meantime I drank a precious cup hot – yum! I wish I drank it more slowly to savour the deliciousness as now it’s all gone, but at least I’ll have some cold later.

My husband likes this one also, so for sure this will have to be ordered in a much larger than sample size. I am really glad I decided to try this one – a definite favorite!!

And now… I think I’ll try re-steeping the leaves one last time to see if I can get the very last flavour out of them.

Rosehips

Agreed on the deliciousness! I was surprised how much I liked this one, though I shouldn’t be. I have not met a H&S fruit blend I did not like.

ashmanra

They have free shipping today if you are in the USA but their website is down. You have to call!

caile

I got an email for that but didn’t even check the website – I’m in Canada so no free shipping for me – otherwise I would have ordered right away as I was so excited when I first saw the email. :-(

Cavocorax

Yeah, I really like H&S teas, but it’s hard for Canadians to get. I think my last two orders had shipping of $15 and $20. :( I did it when they had a sale so basically it evened out, but that’s still not great.

caile

That’s what I did also – there was a discount which covered about half the shipping of $15. I just ordered the max amount before shipping increased on the order – up to $50 or something like that.

ashmanra

Someone on here mentioned wanting to try a certain tea and I looked to see where they were from. I was going to send a sample. I put in their area of Canada in the USPS calculator and it was going to be about $20! I wonder why it is so high to ship to Canada? I also asked a German tea company about shipping to the US or Ireland, and the US was cheaper. You would think that being on the same continent would count for something.

Cavocorax

You would think! But maybe our postal workers get paid a lot?
I guess another issue with Canada specifically is the amount of rural population that needs to be supported with mail – that must be expensive.

It sucks though. How come I can get tea fresh from China for $4 (Teavivre), and it shows up quicker than my H&S order?

caile

Yes, shipping with Canada Post has always been a lot, and USPS increased their rates quite a bit in the past year.
Hehe – I received another free shipping email from H&S this morning and thought maybe they decided to include Canada!..no, just extended a day in the US.

Comments

Rosehips

Cavocorax

You would think! But maybe our postal workers get paid a lot?

caile

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada