drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

This is a lovely plain black tea. The dry leaves are large and twisted and unfurl beautifully when steeped. Honeyed aroma with a rich, slightly sweet and bright malty taste, and is very smooth to drink.
I have a tin of this and plan to keep a supply on hand.

Dexter

I’m trying to learn about black tea (what I like what I don’t like). I bought 5 straight blacks from Davids and am going to bring a different one to work each day this week. This was the one I brought today. I agree (an was pleasantly surprised) at how much I liked this one. :))

caile

Me too – trying to learn about black tea and what I like. It’s hard to tell the differences unless there is something quite outstanding about it. I think this is the only straight black I tried from Davids so I’ll be curious to see what you think of them all.
I will be getting some black tea samples from Teavivre sometime and I’m excited to try those when they get here.

caile

I see you got an order from them today – exciting! You’ll have lots of teas to sample now!

Dexter

I’ve been trying several black teas, but it’s hard to know if I like them because they are high quality (Tao Tea Leaf, Verdant, etc) or if I like that style of black tea. So I bought 5 from Davids thinking they would all be about the same quality. I didn’t like the Darjeeling I was drinking yesterday (I didn’t write a tasting note, but will if you are interested in this experiment). Teavivre order came yesterday – I was drinking their dragon pearls last night – they were really good.
LOL and yes I have LOTS of teas to sample.

caile

Yes, write a short tasting note on them if you have time – I’d enjoy reading your opinions!
I haven’t tried a lot yet.

Dexter

I went through an oolong phase a couple of months ago, and bought a ton of them without really learning anything about them. Trying to avoid that mistake with blacks. I’ll write a blurb on the two Davids that I’ve tried tonight and will continue as I try the rest this week.

Comments

Dexter

Dexter

LOL and yes I have LOTS of teas to sample.

caile

I haven’t tried a lot yet.

Dexter

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada