My second sample to try from Angel at Teavivre.

Dry leaf smells of dried cherries or raisins.
It seemed to brew up darker in color than the Bailin Gongfu sample from yesterday with same amount of leaf and brew time even though this one recommends more leaf, but maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Once brewed there is the aroma of yeasty bread but the taste is light. There is a sweet potato flavor with a touch of lemon. Sweet malt lingering aftertaste.

Re-steeped for two minutes for an even better cup – smooth, mellow and balanced. Having this cup with cream – delicious!!

Nightshifter

I wish I had ordered this! I will have to add it to the shopping list.

caile

hehe – my shopping list slowly keeps getting bigger.

Same here! :)

JustJames

you do know this is a tea enabler website, right? we just encourage one another to go on flagrant tea spending sprees!!! lol

caile

lol And I was hoping to find a couple favorite teas…I think there are going to be many more than just a few!

Comments

Nightshifter

I wish I had ordered this! I will have to add it to the shopping list.

caile

hehe – my shopping list slowly keeps getting bigger.

Same here! :)

JustJames

Love of tea.
Black tea is probably my favorite, but I also like both raw and ripe puerh and darker oolong.

Enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut, caramel, bitter
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada