drank Golden Monkey by Harney & Sons

Dry leaf smells of fresh mown hay/clover which brewed a beautiful amber colour tea.

Tastes sweet and slightly malty with a smooth, rich flavour of honey and sweet potato.

I did a comparison with the GM from Teavivre and found theirs to be more fruity and lively in taste with a definite light smoky note (which is my first time recognizing any smokiness in a tea) as compared to h&s. The Harney & Sons seems heavier with more sweet malt. So, to me at this time, Teavivre has more fruit and smoke and H&S has more malt and honey. Both delicious and if I hadn’t done a side by side comparison probably wouldn’t have noticed a difference as it is so slight.

TastyBrew

I’m a big fan of the GM from Teavivre. I need to try this one too!

caile

Both are good! It would be funny though if they were really the same tea and any difference I noticed is simply due to my uneducated tea knowledge.

ashmanra

Both are great, but Teavivre’s is much less expensive. I keep both on hand.

Comments

TastyBrew

I’m a big fan of the GM from Teavivre. I need to try this one too!

caile

ashmanra

Both are great, but Teavivre’s is much less expensive. I keep both on hand.

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada