So, I thought I didn’t like green tea. In the past I’ve had the random bagged green tea which was always terrible and bitter, and the odd cup had in restaurants was OK but nothing special.

Then I recently received this sample pouch from Verdant. I wondered if it would be the usual bitter, finicky tea like I’ve had before and wasn’t sure if I’d even bother with it, but finally decided to give it a try.

I brewed a teaspoon or so in a small glass – a few steeps poured into another glass for drinking. Well…wow…this is like nothing I have ever had before. Incredible! No bitterness or anything unpleasant that I always associated with green tea. This is buttery and nutty with creamy, fresh and sweet green beans. So fragrant and absolutely delicious!

I love this tea and am very much looking forward to having this again. My tea world has been expanded!

Bonnie

Good that you didn’t give up on green tea!

caile

I know! I can’t believe how good this was!

Comments

Bonnie

Good that you didn’t give up on green tea!

caile

I know! I can’t believe how good this was!

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada