Having the last of this pouch since I see it is restocked again and I can get more.

I really love this! It is delicious and satisfying – toast, chocolate and caramel – best breakfast ever!

And my ‘second breakfast’ of steel cut oats is ready – of course with another cup or two of this tasty tea!

keychange

Love steel cut oats!

Anna

Breakfast envy.

My favorite!

boychik

Do you buy Mccann’s or some other brand? I eat Mccann every day for the past 13 yrs;)

caile

Right now I have the giant costco box which is Northern Gold brand and made from canadian oats. Also have had bob’s red mill oats in the past, which were good as well. I have looked at McCann’s online but never had them – perhaps I will give them a try when I run out of my current supply!

boychik

McCanns are very good but expensive. I used to order them in bulk thru Amazon, but for some reason they stopped to offer them on subscribe and save program. 1lb was like $2.5, now its much more expensive, like 3.99 thru swanson vitamins. i tried Bobs Mill, Trader Joe, Stop & Shop offers them too store brand. Nothing like McCann for me:) Sorry for rumbling

TheTeaFairy

The tea sounds like a lovely choice for your breakfast :-)
Ha! Had no idea they finally sold steel cut at Costco, thanks for sharing that caile :-)
I’ve been buying their quick oat but it’s just not the same…

caile

haha, now I want McCann oats! ;-)
You’re welcome, TheTeaFairy – the box from there does last quite awhile though, being costco sized and all!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, how I miss steel cut oats!! I used to eat them all the time. Sadly, I can’t eat any grains now, as they all cause health problems for me. Enjoy!

boychik

I’m so sorry Terry. Maybe grains are not for me either, I do have stomach aches pretty often. Did you do tests or just eliminated them?

TheTeaFairy

Caile, I put uncooked oats in my morning shake so bulk buying is a plus! I stopped buying steel cut cause it was too expensive. In quebec, pretty much the only place you find it is in health store and you get very small packages. Now I will indulge in Costco huge size :-)

caile

That’s too bad, Terri! I would miss grains the most if I couldn’t have them!

Yay for Costco sizes! ;-)

Terri HarpLady

boychik, I did a 30 day elimination. Initially I thought it was only grains with gluten, & they are the most devastating for me, but even quinoa is out.

boychik

Oh, i don’t think i’m ready. my hubby says that i just have to eat everything and a lot and it will solve all my problems. he can digest rocks;)

Comments

keychange

Love steel cut oats!

Anna

Breakfast envy.

My favorite!

TheTeaFairy

The tea sounds like a lovely choice for your breakfast :-)
I’ve been buying their quick oat but it’s just not the same…

caile

haha, now I want McCann oats! ;-)

caile

That’s too bad, Terri! I would miss grains the most if I couldn’t have them!

Yay for Costco sizes! ;-)

boychik

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada