drank Yu Lu Yan Cha Black by Verdant Tea

Similar to laoshan black with a dark chocolate, roasty aroma, but there is also a more earthy note and a hint of smokiness to this one.
Flavor is chocolate, malt, sweet potato, honey, some floral and a bit of mushroom earthiness. Second steep becomes stronger in honey aroma and tastes sweeter and creamier.
This is so good!! It is similar to the laoshan black, but in a lighter, less toasty way, and has more of the earthy potato notes with honey that I love. Both are delicious and I’m not sure I could pick a favorite.. but perhaps it would be this one simply because I happen to be drinking it right now. Love it!

Courtney

I wish the smokiness wasn’t there, that was the only thing preventing me from loving this one. At least I have LB. :)

caile

That’s too bad, but at least the LB is always a great tea to have!

Stranger still, the last two times I’ve had this there’s been no smoke…. So it seems to be bouncing back and forth for me…

caile

haha It’s such a light hint so maybe that’s why? It was more so in the first infusion if I recall…and either way, is such a tasty tea! Perfect for huffalumps as well, I heard. ;-)

haha hefflumps love smokey teas. it’s true :)

I knew it! :)

Comments

Courtney

caile

That’s too bad, but at least the LB is always a great tea to have!

caile

haha hefflumps love smokey teas. it’s true :)

I knew it! :)

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada