When I first opened my sample package and took a whiff, I had to close it back up as the bergamot aroma was really strong and something that I have developed an aversion to lately. So, I left the rolled up package in the cupboard for a couple weeks until I decided to take another try. This time the bergamot didn’t hit me quite so strongly but perhaps it is because I knew not to sniff it too much.

Once brewed, the distinctive Laoshan black aroma was foremost (yay), and there is a hint of rose and very slight bergamot which isn’t perfumy at all (yay again).

Taste is laoshan black with rose and a bit of the citrus/bergamot. Actually better than I thought and I’ll finish my sample easily, but wouldn’t repurchase as I still don’t care for bergamot much.

Note: I tried re-steeping and forgot about it for about 15 minutes which was a mistake, as the result was so bitter and undrinkable.

Stephanie

Next time you oversteep, try diluting with some added water. It has worked for me on occasion and is better than wasting tasty tea! :)

caile

Thanks! I have done that before with other teas but this one seemed beyond that. :(

Comments

Stephanie

caile

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada