drank Chocolate Macaroon by DAVIDsTEA

This was actually was the first tea that caught my eye at Davidstea in awhile. Coconut and chocolate…perhaps I was hopeful it would be somewhat like Harney&Sons Soho blend…but it isn’t.

While at the store, I was originally planning to get 25 grams or so, but as it turned out, this was the tea they were sampling, so tried a small sample glass of it first. And I’m glad I did, for although the dry blend smells quite nice and rich and promising, the taste does not nearly compare. Any chocolate or coconut or nuttiness of any kind is lacking, and although often the samples in store are not as good as when brewed at home, there was just something off about the taste that I can’t describe…an aftertaste of some sort. So disappointing! As it turned out I didn’t buy any to take home – perhaps it would have tasted better if brewed differently, but didn’t want to even bother. Sigh.

scribbles

I did buy 25 g’s, and it smells sooo good. Hopefully I have success with at-home brew.

caile

It does smell so good! I bet it will be better at home – maybe I’ll end up picking some up next time just to try. I hope you like yours when you make it! : )

Lee

I wonder if it was the coconut,,,coconut has a very short shelf life.

caile

No, I don’t think it was the coconut.. it was the flavoring they use I think.
I didn’t know coconut has a short shelf life though.

Now I am thinking about coconut cream pie,,,yummm

caile

Haha, yum. I love coconut cream pie!!

Virginia

This one is a tricky one. I brewed it several times and thought it was boring, but then I over leafed it just a bit, steeped it at recommended temperature for 5 minutes and added a bit of milk and it was very good. As it cools down, the flavour declines significantly though.

caile

Good to know. I still may pick some up to try at home. :)

Comments

scribbles

Lee

I wonder if it was the coconut,,,coconut has a very short shelf life.

caile

No, I don’t think it was the coconut.. it was the flavoring they use I think.
I didn’t know coconut has a short shelf life though.

Now I am thinking about coconut cream pie,,,yummm

caile

Haha, yum. I love coconut cream pie!!

Virginia

caile

Good to know. I still may pick some up to try at home. :)

Love loose-leaf tea. My favorite right now is black, both straight and some flavoured. I mostly drink black teas with a small dash of milk or cream but sometimes just clear.

I am enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Recently I discovered that I enjoy green teas so am exploring those a bit also.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut,
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada