drank Black tea-Keemun Finest by Zen Tea

Fine, dark brown dry leaf that smells a bit earthy with dry plum, which becomes more pronounced when wet. There is possibly a hint of smokiness in the scent as well.

Brews a nice medium brown.
Tastes sweet with cocoa and plum, and there is a wee bit of earthiness. I do not detect much smokiness when drinking, but possibly the leather as in the description. Smooth and enjoyable!

A very nice tea and I re-steeped it once for just as delicious a cup.
Now I wish I had also ordered the other keemun that zen tea has so I could compare them, but perhaps next time.

looseTman

Caile, How does this Keemun compare to others you’ve tasted?

caile

I think I’ve only had two others which were from Teavivre – the superfine and the premium ones – and although it is hard to remember since I don’t have them in stock right now, I feel like I liked those better. I am planning to order the superfine (and possibly the premium as well) :)

Understood. Thanks!

Comments

looseTman

Caile, How does this Keemun compare to others you’ve tasted?

caile

Understood. Thanks!

Love of tea.
Black tea is probably my favorite.

I also like both raw and ripe puerh and exploring those more. I enjoy Chinese green teas once in awhile, and also some oolongs.

Enjoying finding favorites and what I like to keep in my cupboard.

Likes: cacao/chocolate, coconut, caramel, bitter
Dislikes: rooibos, bergamot, seaweed, licorice

MB, Canada