So this was in the fridge today when I got hom, apparently this tea came as a free sample with one of the birthday presents my mom got me (I must be getting something tea related = yay!).

Anyway this tea is okay. It is a little…weird. It has a vegetal taste almost like tomato juice. It is certainly not bad or undrinkable. It is just weird. I think it smells pretty decent but my mom didn’t like the way it smelled. Anyway I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to have this tea but if it was there I would definitely drink it again. I just have a soft spot for unsweetened iced tea – even weird ones – haha.

Cofftea

It’s the vitamin C they ruin it with… er… add to it. lol. Why can’t I find a RTD tea that isn’t ruined in some way? Sigh… :(

Caitlin

Ah – I agree that is probably it. I just like straight up iced tea nothing in there.

Cofftea

I’m not sure it’s cuz I’ve just missed it every time I’ve read the discription (I can’t imagine how it’s even possible) or if it’s a new ingredient, but I think I’ve determined what the problem w/ the weirdness is… "THERE’S BAKING SODA IN THIS!!!*

Caitlin

Okay thats just weird. Vitamin C I can understand as a vitamin or I of heard of it as a preservative but baking soda????

Cofftea

They claim it’s to reduce acidity… I swear I’ve never seen it listed before- I would have noticed that!

Caitlin

Weird – is white tea acidic? Or is it to reduce the acidity from the added vitamin C – haha?

Cofftea

I don’t know… lol. It makes NO sense to me. Tea seems like it would be more of a base than an acid.

Caitlin

Yeah and I just think why add unnecessary ingredients. I like my iced tea to have tea and water in it, but thats probably not everyones preference.

Unfortunately not, but I agree w/ you =D

Haha – oh well at least I can make my own that way

Comments

Cofftea

Unfortunately not, but I agree w/ you =D