Today is face your fears day! I am going to try a bunch of teas that I have been apprehensive about tasting. I decided to start with this one.

I am really not a fan of grapefruit, the real thing or things flavored like it. So obviously I was worried about this tea. The dry leaves smell like…no kidding… oregano? I have no idea why but its not an unpleasant thing for tea to smell like. The steeping tea smells like something I can’t quiet put my finger on maybe tomato. I don’t know why I am getting so many savory scents from a fruit flavored tea but oh well.

The tea tastes like a standard black tea with a hint of something. I wouldn’t guess it to be grapefruit. Again it seems more of a savory flavor. Luckily it doesn’t taste anything like grapefruit to me so I was able to enjoy the cup. Hopefully the rest of my experiences today go this well.

Cofftea

Sounds like you have an exciting tea day ahead of you! I’m looking forward do to reading about it!=D

Haha – yeah I decided to make my Saturday tea experience interesting

Cofftea

For both drinker and readers!

52teas

Several of our in-store regulars love the grapefruit with a tiny pinch of salt. Might give that a shot.

Cofftea

Ok, that’s a combo I would have NEVER thought of.

that sounds really interesting