Tea 2 of facing my fears day! Unfortunately this one isn’t as much of a pleasant surprise as the first tea. This smells like SPEARMINT, like really hits you in the face with it. I really dislike spearmint which is weird because I love mint, but spearmint, just ick!!

In addition to smelling like spearmint this tastes like spearmint (kind of like spearmint orbit) and it has this weird feeling when I drink it. It kinda makes my mouth numb like mouthwash. So even if I liked spearmint that alone would be a major ick factor. I think I may have to give this tea away because I don’t know how I am gonna polish off 2oz of this. I can barely finish this cup.

But oh well…having fun trying teas I am scared of anyway!

cody

I couldn’t drink the Adagio spearmint sample I had… I love peppermint, but spearmint is a whole ‘nother beast. It’s got a different sort of tingle to it.

Yeah – its kind of one of those things you like or you don’t

Cofftea

I had an epiphany in the car today- you could try blending it w/ an equal part watermelon black… or freeze a cup of watermelon and blend it w/ a cup of this chilled. :)

Hmm…that does sound pretty good

Cofftea

I would normally suggest using 2x the leaf when you use any other than tea cubes for ices, but since you aren’t big on spearmint, maybe you shouldn’t.

Caitlin

Haha – yeah probably not… for me the appeal of watermelon would be diluting the spearmint flavor – haha

Cofftea

True lol. I just think the combo would be amazing. I want to try making a matcha version- 1/2 cup frozen watermelon, 1/2 cup 2x strength mint tisane, 1tsp matcha :)

Thats sounds pretty yummy – I still have yet to try matcha though

You should! Like now=D hehe

Caitlin

Its definitely on my teas to try list!

Cofftea

Do you have a Jamba Juice near you? They have it.

Caitlin

Unfortunately no, but I’ll remember that – thanks!

Comments

cody

Yeah – its kind of one of those things you like or you don’t

Hmm…that does sound pretty good

Thats sounds pretty yummy – I still have yet to try matcha though

You should! Like now=D hehe

Caitlin

Its definitely on my teas to try list!

Cofftea

Do you have a Jamba Juice near you? They have it.

Caitlin

Unfortunately no, but I’ll remember that – thanks!

NJ