drank The au Lait by Lupicia

Made some of this iced earlier. It was very yummy and bold. Does anyone know why it turns cloudy when iced?

LiberTEAS

Caitlin: One reason why teas become cloudy when iced is a drastic temperature change from hot to cold. I find that when I pour hot tea over ice it gets cloudy, or even if I add ice water to concentrated hot tea it gets cloudy. So instead I wait until the tea drops to room temperature before I chill it. This takes a little longer but it usually results in cloud-free tea.

There may be other reasons that I’m unaware of as to why teas become cloudy, or why this one in particular becomes cloudy, though.

Caitlin

Thanks for the info. I did the drastic temperature change thing, so that is probably why. I’ll remember to let it sit at room temperature!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I am bummed I just placed an order with Lupicia and they were out of stock on all of their Au Lait varieties. I hope they bring them back soon.

Caitlin

Yeah my boyfriend tried to order me some as a Christmas present and they were out then too! Must be a quite popular line!

Comments

LiberTEAS

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas