drank black mango by The Tao of Tea

Second steep with half as much water at boiling for five minutes, to see if you really can get two steeps out of it. Much better on the second steep, actually. Stronger and fuller bodied, even though it was a resteep. Which goes to show how weak the first steep was. Lesson learned: read ALL the directions on the tea tin.

The mango scent is still very much there. I’m getting gentle whiffs of it as I write this (the cup is sitting right in front of me). I love mango. The smell is making me want it. I also get mango on the taste. Not particularly overpowering, although I’m starting to think if I can pick up on a particular flavor, maybe it would be overpowering to the more refined, experienced palate. Food (or tea) for thought, I suppose. The tea goes down relatively smoothly, it doesn’t have a dry, astringent feeling like some others I’ve had.

Overall, I’m definitely happier with this cup than the first, and can’t wait to have it again. I may have to revise my opinion about getting more of it.