I fixed a pot of this yesterday afternoon and promptly fell asleep, so I drank it later on in the evening warmed up in the microwave (wince). In between the nap and the drinking, it lost that pu-erh fishy, earthy smell. It didn’t smell like much of anything at all. Surprisingly, it didn’t taste like much at all. Mainly like strong tea. Not leathery, not fishy, not musty or earthy. Weird. It was a definite reminder of the way that smell impacts the taste.

I resteeped the leaves this morning after reading that pu-erhs are good resteepers. This cup has more of the pu-erh flavors and scents. Definitely musty and earthy. Not bad, actually. I am quite enjoying it. I was really skeptical after I opened up the bag of tea and took a whiff. It was really fishy and off-putting. I don’t know that pu-erhs will ever be a staple in my cupboard, but I definitely wouldn’t mind trying more.

CHAroma

Don’t you hate that? I periodically do the same thing. Nothing worse than letting a tea grow cold and then having to heat it up in the microwave.

K S

Add ice and pretend you did it on purpose.

Comments

CHAroma

K S

Add ice and pretend you did it on purpose.

Work at a domestic violence shelter

Knit and spin, and love all fibery things

Love tea