drank Happy Kombucha by DAVIDsTEA

This tea is good but, I don’t think I love it enough to say I’d necessarily want to repurchase it when it’s done. With ingredients like oolong tea, mango, and pineapple, I thought it would be a love at first taste, but there’s something in this that I don’t care for. Maybe it’s the safflower petals or I suppose it could be the Kombucha powder, since I don’t really know what that tastes like on its own? I’m not sure what it is, but whatever it is, it mutes the fruitiness a bit too much for my liking. I have at least enough to make one more pot of this, so it still has a chance to change my mind.

Nik

Have you ever tried any kind of kombucha? I wasn’t sure if you meant in general or just within this context. I used to want to try it (like I want to try any tea-related thing) but I have an aversion to the word “fermented” (and all that it signifies). When I read the description (it was a bottled tea in the supermarket) I just put it back on the shelf.

(Tangent: imagine my ewwness, then, when I read that the red rooibos I love so much is fermented… I’m trying to pretend I never learned that.)

canadianadia

I’ve never tried kombucha, in fact, before having this tea, I had never even heard of it. When I brought this tea home I Googled it to find out more about it…intriguing.

I don’t think I’m turned off by the thought of fermentation, although oddly enough I’m not really a huge lover of red rooibos. I don;t think it’s that though, because I have no problem eating yogurt or drinking wine :) If I saw it fermenting in front of me I might change my tune though lol

Nik

Oh, good point. I love yoghurt. I think my issue is that there’s a very particular flavour I associate with it, like apple cider that’s a bit…off. Blech.

canadianadia

Ahhh, yes, I’m not fond of that apple cider taste int teas either. When I have this tea next time, I’ll have to pay attention if that is the flavor I’m not liking in it.

Comments

Nik

Canada