drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

My tea stash has been shrinking and although I have a couple of tea orders on the way, my selection has been looking a little sad lately. Every day I think, “o.k. this is the day that the mailman is going to knock on the door with a special tea delivery”. But with each emptied packet and passing day of a tealess mailbox, I question if any of my tea orders will arrive before my collection is depleted. So I caved and treated myself to a Davids shopping spree which included this tea. I probably bought more than I should have, considering I have the mail orders on the way, but I bought sample sizes, so I tend to polish those off fairly quickly.

I was especially running low on the caffeine-free options that I drink in the afternoon/evening/night. It was busy at my DT store, so I selected this one based on a quick sniff. When I got it home I had a better look at the ingredients and realized that it had a few of my not-so-favorite ingredients including the dreaded cardamom. The very thought of cardamom makes my nose crinkle, and my brain think “ugh yuck”. I should also add that I tend to be indifferent to red rooibos tea most of the time, and cinnamon and rose blossoms are also ingredients that I don’t want to dominate a tea. This tea is an exception to my fussiness towards these ingredients. It’s delicious! I’m not sure how DT managed to find such a perfect balance of ingredients that I tend to be fussy about in my tea, and make them dance so wonderfully on my tongue. I kept waiting for the disappointment…Drank it hot – I liked it…Tried it cold – delicious!

Minor imperfection – This tea has a light grease residue on the top, and it’s left behind on my glass, which I suspect might be from the coconut, but it’s not that obvious, that’s just me looking for something wrong in a tea that’s so right. It’s not a tea that I’d keep stocked year round, as the flavors taste like a Fall/Winter tea palette to me, but I’d definitely look forward to repurchasing this as a seasonal treat.

Nik

I love surprises like this. My most recent one was Della Terra’s Mayan Mist, which is a combination of flavours I really, really didn’t think I’d like. Instead, it ended up being something I want to always have in stock.

canadianadia

I haven’t tried any Della Terra tea’s yet. When I do I’ll be sure to check out Mayan Mist, it sounds intriguing.

Amariel

I was surprised with this one, and I can say that it is one of my favourites!

Comments

Nik

canadianadia

Amariel

I was surprised with this one, and I can say that it is one of my favourites!

Canada