I haven’t developed the sophisticated tea tastebuds yet, so I tend to be less excited to try straight teas, and more of a flavored fun teas kind of girl. But the last time I mentioned my lack of excitement towards straight teas, a few of you wonderful steepsterites suggested that I try this one. I must say: “Oh my, you are so right”.

Ahhhh, it’s pure nutty buttery goodness. During the colder months of the year, I find myself intuitively cradling my mug with one hand just under my chin, while I type, write, or scroll through pages with my other hand. I think I do this partially for warmth, and partially for the smell. But the smell of this tea is so delicious that without realizing it I raised my mug higher and higher until my nose and most of my face was stuffed in there. I’m glad I drank a good bit of this away; otherwise, my chin would have been tea-dipped.

The first steep was heavenly. I got distracted during the second brew and accidentally forgot the leaves and oversteeped it. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was no bitterness at all.

This is my favorite straight tea I’ve tried so far. Thanks to all of you who suggested this one to me :D

Cavocorax

Oooh. Sounds promising. I may have to try it. I’d like to get a better understanding of what straight teas actually taste like, before being mixed into all these delicious blends.

I really like my oolong sample from Tea From Taiwan so oolong is higher on my try it list.

julesbean

I love this tea! I’m on a major milk oolong kick at the moment.

canadianadia

I used to not really care for oolong, but it’s now quickly becoming another one of my favorites. This is such a good straight tea that I had to keep reading the ingredients to see that all there was in it was tea.

Comments

Cavocorax

julesbean

I love this tea! I’m on a major milk oolong kick at the moment.

canadianadia