I’m picky when it comes to rooibos, and although I enjoy mint chocolate sometimes, it’s not an absolute love, so this one was fighting a bias from the get-go.

I’m enjoying this tea a tad more than I did the first time. I’m getting the chocolate mintiness, but I’m still also getting the woodiness of the rooibos that reminds me of cedar chips-ick. Thankfully the woodiness decreases significantly as the rooibos cools, and that’s when the mint chocolate flavor really pops.

I’m glad I gave this one a try, but with all the other tea options out there, I don’t think I’ll be buying more unless I plan to serve it to a mint-chocolate loving friend. For my taste, it’s not bad, but I have a bunch of other caffeine-free teas on the way that I would select over this one.