I finished this sample today. I was drinking this black and it was alright so I decided to try it with a touch of milk and a teaspoon of brown sugar. The milk made the creaminess shine through a bit more. As for the addition of brown sugar it tasted like it could have used either more or none at all. I usually drink my tea black, but don’t get me wrong, I do occasionally enjoy those super sweet drinks like hot chocolate, or other sweet beverages prepared for me by someone else (the occasional ignorance of sugar content is bliss).

After I drank my first cup I had the rest of the pot black, and it somehow tasted better than that initial sip. Perhaps I let it steep a tad longer? Oh! and I used much more tea leaves than I did the last time I logged this, and there is a definite improvement in the taste.

I could taste the banana both ways (black or with milk & sugar), and it was a real banana taste, rather than a candy/imitation runt flavor. The banana taste was a tad subdued, which might be a good thing, as banana is a flavor that can get to be a bit much for me.

Overall this tea is decent. It’s not something I’ll need to keep in my pantry year round, but it’s certainly one I’d try again in a sample size.

ne14t

I ended up feeling the same way about Banana Dream Pie to a certain degree. I love it, it’s a great tea but it doesn’t have that long term appeal, great seasonal tea though.

canadianadia

Yes, I have deemed a good number of teas as “seasonal tea” repurchases. It’s probably a good thing though, otherwise my cupboard would be overflowing with tea (even more than it already is).

Comments

ne14t

canadianadia