drank Cocomint Cream by DAVIDsTEA

I finished this sample. Although I enjoy the mintiness, I’m not feelin’ the apple. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a good apple tea, it’s just the combination of flavors that doesn’t work for me. On my tongue, the sweetness seems a tad over-the-top paired with the mint and coconut. I’m glad I tried this tisane, but with all the other options out there, I’ll leave this one for others to enjoy.

A non tea related rant and rave
I know Steepster isn’t the appropriate place for this non tea-related rant and rave, but I’m not sure where else I can write this? Feel free to stop reading if you came for the tea review only.

Yesterday, I had 2 potential contractors do their assessment for estimates on the proposed extension for the home my hubby and I are buying. It wasn’t the best experience. The first guy spent an hour and a half trying to convince me not to do anything I wanted, and instead do a bunch of more expensive things that don’t interest me at all. The second guy mentioned some good ideas, took measurements, but seemed otherwise unprepared and told me that he would have to come back sometime next week to do the estimate. To say the least, I was unimpressed. I decided to exercise restraint and not take them both down in Ronda Rousey-style arm-bars (just kidding). But seriously, I was not at all happy. Thankfully our Real Estate Agent Tom was there. He is one of the sweetest and hard working guys I’ve met. Lucky for everyone, his presence tends to keep me feeling relaxed and happy (like a hot cup of tea on a cold day…with a splash of rum). I know he’s a business person, and being nice is part of the job, but I feel that he genuinely has a good heart. I wish I could hire him to do everything –there’s just something special about him. Through the entire process of selling our home, and buying the new one, he has kept me relatively calm, which is truly a miracle – I tend to be high strung and extremely bossy with important events like these. He somehow managed to hurdle over all my crazy demands. Unfortunately, Real Estate is all I can hire him to do, and we don’t want to be back on the market for at least a couple of decades. Sadly, other than the few remaining days until we take possession, this means no more Tom for me :(

The likelihood of many people reading this being within the area is slim to none, but I just want to give props where they are due. I doubt I can tell him how much I am a fan of his without seeming creepy, so instead I decided to rave about him here (Thanks for bearing with me, if you’ve read this far). If you ever happen to be on the market for a real estate agent in B.C. (lower mainland) I highly recommend that you include my agent Tom Edwards when you are interviewing agents http://www.northdeltahomes.com/home.php …Hmmm…I suppose now that we bought the house, he’s really our former agent? …hmmm…nope that thought makes me too sad… he’s still mine.

mine! mine! mine!

BoxerMama

I use steepster to rant and rave ALL the time! Even if it doesn’t describe the tea, it sets your mood going in!

yyz

I feel for you with the contactor issue. My aunt is trying to do a small reno in her bathroom and is having the worst luck. The first contractor agreed to do it took her to help pick out fixtures took a thousand dollar deposit than promptly sold his business and took off to Florida. He claims that the new owner is responsible for the thousand and refuses to return it. The new owner refuses to reduce his price to honour the deposit and my aunt has no real contract so basically it’s lost. Athird contractor came, got my aunt really excited said he’d come up with a proposal and has failed to do so for a month. Hope you have better luck and never do anything on a handshake.

@BoxerMama – That’s a good point, I didn’t think of it that way

@yzz- Oh no! Your poor aunt. There are so many ways that contractors can get you. We’re trying to use (suposedly)reputable companies, but even so, many of them still have their shortcomings. I try to educate myself as much as I can along the process, so hearing stories like what your aunt is going through serves as a good cautionary tale for me. Hope she manages to get her money back soon – Did she try reporting it?

yyz

She did, After trying to handle it amongst the contractors she did report it to the company that initially referred her to the first contactor. They are attempting to set her up with another contactor at the original price. They did offer some free fixtures, but unfortunately these were things she already had bought and would not have compensated fro the lost money. My cousin who works in industrial interior design and hence has experience in dealing with contractors is attempting to lean on the other two contractors in order to resolve the issue. My advice is be firm and sure about what you want and get everything in writing. Take time to reflect on any proposals before accepting any contractor, no matter how pleasant they are. Ask for and check the refernces of anyone you wish to deal with. For major projects make sure everything has passed inspection before you hand over any final checks. Good luck!!

yyz – sounds like good advice, thank you

Lindsay

Hope all goes well! I’m in the lower mainland too and I don’t even want to imagine how hard it is dealing with real estate and all that. I’ll remember the name Tom Edwards now!

Aimee Popovacki

so many people loved cocomint cream, and i just wasn’t loving it…. haha at first i thought there was something wrong with me..

Indigobloom

My Dad is a real estate agent, here in Toronto… it’s not easy! so I love hearing about people who love their hardworking agents. Your post about Tom made me smile!! :)

canadianadia

@Lindsay – Thanks Lindsay, so far, things are looking good. I anticipated much more headaches with this whole process home selling and buying process, but somehow Tom managed to make it enjoyable.

@Aimee – It’s too bad you didn’t care for cocmint cream either, but I’m glad I’m not the only one :)

@Indigobloom – I agree – being a real estate agrent is a tough job. The long hours, the unpredictable schedule, it requires quite the commitment and dedication to the profession. Not all agents are created equal, and I know we lucked out and got one that managed to surpass my expectations. I sometimes find it difficult to express the depth of my gratitude to people as amazing as Tom. He also has a family, who I know is affected by his dedication to his work. I wish I could personally thank his family, but, they don’t know me, so instead I will pass my thanks on to you, on behalf of all your Dad’s clients who wished they could do it themselves. :)

Indigobloom

Awww that is so sweet! thank you, I will let Dad know. He’ll appreciate that! The best thing you can do in thanks, in my experience, is recommend him to friends and family who need an agent

Comments

BoxerMama

@BoxerMama – That’s a good point, I didn’t think of it that way