We have been having such lovely sunshiny spring weather the last few days, and it’s a good thing because the element on our oven blew on Monday, so I have been cooking on the BBQ this past week while we wait for the part to come in. It was a little scary when the element blew; it created a big ol’ bright white spark and a buzzing sound and it caused a small electrical fire inside the oven. It was lit up like a time machine in there. Apparently that’s what oven elements sometimes do when they go. I was happy to hear that it will be a simple fix rather than an oven replacement. Aaaand it didn’t burn down the house – BONUS!

With the warmer weather comes my shift towards drinking more fruity teas. My Dad has been coming over on a daily basis to trim the trees and work in the garden so I like to give him different teas each day. This one was the choice of the day. It’s a wonderful re-steeper. The balance between the oolong and the Cranberry is perfect, in that you can taste both aspects in a complimentary way rather than having them compete with each other. I enjoy this tea as is, but my Dad added a touch of honey, and he also said it was good. He’s generally more of a black tea drinker, so I was pleased that he appreciated this oolong just as much as I did.

Terri HarpLady

A long time ago I was cooking on thanksgiving day. It was the first time I cooked thanksgiving dinner! I made all the pies & stuff the night before & was baking the turkey (which I had thawed out in bathtub of cold water over night). It seemed like it baked forever & ever…& ever…
Finally I realized the oven had stopped working right, at some point. There was more than one element, & only one was working, or something like that. We didn’t eat the turkey…
But we had an awesome dinner of pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes & gravy, all the other stuff.

canadianadia

Awww…too bad about the turkey, but way to make the best of a not so great situation. It seems like the first time cooking Thanksgiving dinner is almost guaranteed that something will go wrong. When I did mine many years ago the lightbulb inside the oven decided to explode.

Kittenna

D: So there was glass all over your turkey??

@Kittenna – there was glass everywhere, thankfully the Turkey was foil-tented

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Kittenna

D: So there was glass all over your turkey??

@Kittenna – there was glass everywhere, thankfully the Turkey was foil-tented