Hmmm…I’m not sure about this one yet, but I think it has potential to grow on me (I’ll wait to rate). I think my past experience with cola flavored tea is tainting my perception of this (darn you David’s Tea cherry cola!) I’m trying to appreciate this for what it is, but I keep getting DT cherry cola flashbacks…shudder.

I’m drinking this as per usual: hot with nothing added. The cola taste is evident, and I suppose I’m getting some ruminess in there – it has a little extra depth than a straight cola taste. Other than my “DT cherry cola issues”, its good, but it’s definitely a tea that screams to be played with. Maybe iced, perhaps a touch of brown sugar to deepen the color, and a lime wedge to be consumed on a hot summer day, on a white sandy beach? I suppose the beach isn’t a necessity? It wouldn’t hurt though.

Kittenna

Yeah…. Cherry Cola was kind of terrible, wasn’t it…

Indigobloom

I’ve always had issues with Rum, so this one kinda scares me. In a “face your fear” kinda way!

canadianadia

@Kittenna – yeah DT cherry cola made me want to go outside and hose off my tongue…but I’m a bit of a total drama queen sometimes

@Indigobloom – awww…that sucks. I’m not much of a drinker, but I may have a rum and coke every year or three – hahaha. I actually can’t fully taste the rum in this one if that helps any? The cola taste is definately in the forefront

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Hah! I just bought a bunch of the DT Cherry Cola. Now I’m wondering if adding rum to the mix would help the flavor. I gotta get rid of it somehow and might have to get a little tipsy to do it.

canadianadia

@Fuzzy_Peachkin – I think I was reading your DT Cherry Cola review while you were reading this review of mine – fun/random coincidence. I’m not sure what would help the DT Cherrt Cola? I know I tried it iced with some brown sugar, and it was a little better but perhaps rum might do the trick? Good luck

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Davids Tea let me exchange it for Pink Flamingo! I’m so happy. The lady there said she doesn’t normally do exchanges, but because it was Cherry Cola she would. She made my day!

canadianadia

@Fuzzy_Peachkin – Yay! that’s so nice that the sales associate was understanding. Now you can save your rum to mix with something better ;)

Ze_Teamaker

This tea is really good iced. I like brewing 3 steeps and then combine them with a big spoonful of agave nectar. It helps the rum flavor come out; though Brown sugar sounds like it would great as well.

momo

I can’t drink any soda related teas hot, I just won’t even try it. I second the recommendation of it iced with agave. I don’t think it has any lime to it, so just a squeeze of a lime in there would be so perfect.

canadianadia

@Ze_Teamaker – I haven’t been a fan of agave in the past, but I have a bottle of it sitting in my cupboard, so I should give it a try with this tea, when I make it iced.

@momo- I’ll give the lime a go for sure – that sounds like a yummy addition

Comments

Kittenna

Yeah…. Cherry Cola was kind of terrible, wasn’t it…

Indigobloom